Conditional SQL Query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From devil live
Subject Conditional SQL Query
Date
Re: Conditional SQL Query  ("Chad Wagner" <chad.wagner@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I want to write sql statement about product, product_tree_special,
product_tree_template

product has product_code varchar(20) PRIMARY KEY, product_name varchar(20)

product_tree_template has product_code varchar(20)  PK, stock_code_to_make_product(20)   PK, amout float4

product_tree_spcial has production_no serial, product_code varchar(20)  PK, stock_code_to_make_product(20)   PK, amout
float4

NOW : product_tree_template table is the default table for production
ingredients of the PRODUCT

but sometimes my customer using special product_tree table for some
production_no

how can I write a query to get right ingredients of a product basis on
production_no field

such as;

first check production_no if product_tree_special table if not found then
look at template table...

What are your suggestions?

PS: I do not wanna write PL functions for this...

Thanks

Hava durumunu bizden �grenin ve evden �yle �ikin!
http://www.msn.com.tr/havadurumu/