Re: Temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From vijaykumar M
Subject Re: Temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Try the below steps ..

1. Write one procedure to create tempory table (generic purpose)
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION SP_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE () RETURNS VARCHAR AS '
DECLARE
L_SchemaName name;
BEGINEXECUTE ''CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE temp_table_gen (X VARCHAR);'';SELECT schemaname INTO L_SchemaName FROM
pg_stat_user_tableswhere relname

=''temp_table_gen'';RETURN L_SchemaName;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

2. Call the above (generic) procedure to get the temporary table schema
name.. by using that schema name ..you can check whether the (real)
temporary table is exists or not.

select into L_SchemaName * from SP_CREATE_TEMP_TABLE();  -- get the
schemanameexecute ''drop table temp_table_gen;'';   -- drop the temptableselect schemaname into L_Schema from
pg_stat_user_tableswhere

relname=''temp_total_count''  and schemaname =''''||L_SchemaName||'''';if (L_Schema is null) then    EXECUTE ''CREATE
TEMPORARYTABLE temp_total_count (TOTAL_COUNT

NUMERIC);'';ELSE    EXECUTE ''DELETE FROM temp_total_count;'';END IF;

I hope this will help u to solve these temporary table issues..

With Regards
Vijay