Re: force drop of database others are accessing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lee Harr
Subject Re: force drop of database others are accessing
Date
List pgsql-general
>>So that means somehow I need to kick off another
>>script with elevated priveleges to take care of it ...
>>
>>I would rather not have to do that, but I do not see another way.
>
>If you are creating a database from scratch why not create a brand new
>database and drop the old one at some later point in time when no one is
>connected.  This has the additional benefit of the old db being available
>while the new one is being built.

That is a great idea.

No one is around to access the old one in the middle of the night,
but at least the new db will be built and I can just rename it next
morning if the old one had any connections blocking the process.

Thank you!