(Win32 Postgres) Slow to Connect first - OK afterwards - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott cox
Subject (Win32 Postgres) Slow to Connect first - OK afterwards
Date
Re: (Win32 Postgres) Slow to Connect first - OK afterwards
List pgsql-general
I am running PostgreSQL 8.0 on WinXP
When I try to connect

psql.exe"  -h localhost -p 5432 template1 "postgres"

I have to wait
30 seconds before the Password: Prompt arrives
30 seconds after the password is entered.
Once I am connected access is fast. I figured the problem is Authentication.

a.) I tried the following (pg_hba.conf) with no success/difference
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
#local   all         all                               trust
## IPv4 local connections:
#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

b.) Installed QoS as suggested in a post in this list. No success

I am only using TCP/IP on localhost (127.0.0.1) - I am open to
suggestions and any recommendation of tools that would let me
figure out what is happening.

TIA
-Scott