Re: (Win32 Postgres) Slow to Connect first - OK afterwards - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott cox
Subject Re: (Win32 Postgres) Slow to Connect first - OK afterwards
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrus, Is correct. There is no DNS involved because I am using 127.0.0.1 in
my config
and when connecting. But there is still a ~60second delay connecting and
more delays
to return the select * query.

I have other servers using 127.0.0.1 like Apache,MySql and none have this
delay connecting and working so I am sure it is Postmaster related.

Any suggestions  on different configurations that I can try, pgSql is
unusable to me
if I cannot solve this issue and I need it pretty quick now.
TIA
Scott