index corruption and having to reindex - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From borajetta
List pgsql-bugs
select count(*) FROM items_2004_07_29 as items WHERE true AND index @@ to_t=
squery('default', '( audiovox)') ;
 count=20
-------
     4
(1 row)

aers=3D# reindex index idx_title_2004_07_29;
REINDEX
aers=3D# select count(*) FROM items_2004_07_29 as items WHERE true AND inde=
x @@ to_tsquery('default', '( audiovox)') ;
 count=20
-------
  2342
(1 row)

Here are 2 searches using a gist index, the first one has a gist index whic=
h is not properly created but does not though an error in creation.  After =
doing a few searches I noticed the numbers were way off so I reindexed.  Th=
e problem was fixed and the search works properly.

Is there a problem with indexing?  Do you know of this problem?
Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you,

Aaron=