Re: binding 64-bit integer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Gainty
Subject Re: binding 64-bit integer
Date
List pgsql-general
Flying-
reading the source displays
http://doxygen.postgresql.org/postgres_8c-source.html

       /* Trouble if it didn't eat the whole buffer */
                 if (!isNull && pbuf.cursor != pbuf.len)
                     ereport(ERROR,
                             (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_BINARY_REPRESENTATION),
                              errmsg("incorrect binary data format in bind
parameter %d",
                                     paramno + 1)));

the test is
  StringInfoData pbuf;

http://doxygen.postgresql.org/structStringInfoData.html#42669853a3faef1df41850bfd686cb24

pbuf.cursor (plain 32 bit int) != pbuf.len(64)

i think you found a bug....

M-