Persistent user-defined functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David T
Subject Persistent user-defined functions
Date
Re: Persistent user-defined functions  (Felipe de Jesús Molina Bravo<felipe.molina@inegi.gob.mx>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 with PostgreSQL 8.2.  I have just finished creating two C functions and have successfully loaded
themusing "CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION" ... This was an extremely smooth process, and I have a lot of respect for the
devteam for creating such a robust system.

Anyway - I would like these new functions to be permanently available to a database, or to all databases.  These
functionswill ultimately be called from PHP, where there is no guarantee of server state in between requests (maybe a
rebootoccurs and my functions are lost, etc...).  On the other hand, it is inefficient to "CREATE OR REPLACE" all the
time. Can anybody suggest a lightweight method to keep these functions permanently available, or point me towards a
resourcethat might assist?

Best regards,

Dave.
This Valentine's Day, get creative and show your sweetheart how much you care with flair! Find fun date ideas here!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/224