Installation troubles on Redhat V 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Wayne Unruh
Subject Installation troubles on Redhat V 8.0
Date
Re: Installation troubles on Redhat V 8.0
List pgsql-novice
I am having trouble installing PostgreSQL-7.4.5 on Redhat V 8.0.

I extracted the files with tar into the directory /usr/local/pgsql

When I run the configure script with no command line options I get the
following errors:

configure: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

From what I understand, I do not want to run the script with the option of
--without-readline.
What file is this section of the script looking for and where is it supposed
to be located?  If I do not have the file can I download if from somewhere?

Thanks the the help in advance.

Wayne Unruh