2 questions when using vs2005 to debug PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chaoyong wang
Subject 2 questions when using vs2005 to debug PG
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm using vs2005 to debug PG, and I have 2 questions to ask:

1. I want to add a function to contrib/xml2/xpath.c
   I changed xpath.c, pgxml.sql, pgxml.sql.in at the same time, then I builded and installed as the document said.
   When I execute "psql test < pgxml.sql", all functions created success except the one I added.
   ERROR:  could not find function "xml_value_index" in file "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib/pgxml.dll"
   I rebuild project pgxml, a nd replaced C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib\pgxml.dll by the new produced .\Debug\pgxml\pgxml.dll
   But remains all the same

2. When I execute a simple select query too see how it works, the concept "Portal" really puzzled me, maybe it's too abstract
   Could you please explain it more specifically?

Thanks for your reading and looking forward your reply

Best  Regards
Catcher Wang