Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME functionality in TODOs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL RENAME functionality in TODOs
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>But I think a way to get around that would be to RENAME the arguments  in
>the DECLARE section, so user_id could become p_user_id under the  covers.

It's one case. But I don't belive so result will be more readable. Better
solution is using names qualificated by function name. I am not sure if
plpgsql support it. I thing so Oracle support it and SQL/PSM support it too.

like: create or replace function fx(a integer, b integer) returns void as $$   declare la integer, lb integer; begin
selectinto la, lb tab.a, tab.b      from tab    where tab.a = fx.a and tab.b = fx.b

I am sorry. I don't belive so using RENAME is better

>So perhaps there is still a point to RENAME after-all, at least for
>paramaters.
>--
>Jim Nasby                                            jim@nasby.net
>EnterpriseDB      http://enterprisedb.com      512.569.9461 (cell)