Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql
Date
Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql  (Jim Nasby <jimn@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>On Oct 5, 2006, at 9:30 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>With func oid I can get all other info later, without it, I need  estimate
>>which functions are in stack track.
>
>Why do you need the OID to know exactly what function something is?  What's
>wrong with schema.function(args)?
>--

oid is simply unique. I can take source code, args and all without parsing.
It's only one difference. I unlike parsing.

I don't think so regress tests needs showing errcontext now. Regress test
are in C and we can exactly set what we would show?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/