pgsql 8.0 beta1 patch for token and timezone - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Zhong Jacky
Subject pgsql 8.0 beta1 patch for token and timezone
Date
Re: pgsql 8.0 beta1 patch for token and timezone  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi pgsql-bugs,

   I'm a Chinese and I am using WinXp Chs to compile pgsql 8.0 beta 1
in the MinGW environment. I found 2 bugs and fix them, maybe you can
merge the patch into the offical release, thanks.

   Part A) Below is the two bugs occur when we run initdb under WinXp Chs.

   1) FATAL:  syntax error in file "E:/Unix/Sys/Pgsql/data/postgresql.conf"

line 261, near token "s"

      Reason: the string 'Chinese_People's Republic of China.936' should be
'Chinese_People\'s Republic of China.936', otherwise token mismatch. Plese
remember the regular expression like sed and awk under Unix.

      Patch: I wrote a function to detect ' in string and insert a \ symbol

   2) WARNING:  could not find a match for Windows timezone "Öйú±ê׼ʱ¼ä"

      Reason: "Öйú±ê׼ʱ¼ä" is the string stands for "China Standard
Time",
which shows in Chinese language.

      Patch: use a scanzone() function to find and convert timezone to the
English string in win32_tzmap[]. I can fix only Chinese because I only have
WinXp Chs operating system, people can fix others in similar way.

   Part B) You can visit these 2 websites for more detail and get patch.
   1) http://blog.csdn.net/chaoyuebetter/archive/2004/08/13/73785.aspx
   2) http://www.smth.edu.cn/bbsgcon.php?board=NewSoftware&num=2548

   Part C) The patch is based on snap0812, but can work on snap0825, etc.

Regards,
Jacky

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/