dependencies between objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toni Casueps
Subject dependencies between objects
Date
List pgsql-general
I have got some views (for example view B) that use another views (for
example view A) in the FROM clause.

If I want to change view A, and it doesn't allow me to (for example adding a
new column), another way would be dropping A and recreating it with the new
column, but it doesn't allow me to drop view A because B depends on it, nor
overwriting A with the new one because it already exists. One thing I can do
is rename A to A_ , create the new A and drop A_ but it automatically
reassociates B to depend on A_ , not in the new A I just created.

Is there a way to disable any of these restrictions?