Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Gainty
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-general
straight from jdbc2.1 doc
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jdbc/spec2/jdbc2.1.frame6.html
Statement
Statement object to submit a set of heterogeneous update commands together
as a single unit, or batch, to the underlying DBMS
i.e. execute Statement without parameters
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html

PreparedStatement
An element in a batch consists of a parameterized command and an associated
set of parameters when a PreparedStatement is used. (i.e. A Statement with
params)
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/PreparedStatement.html

CallableStatement
Multiple sets of input parameter values may be associated with a callable
statement and sent to the DBMS together.
(For procedures)
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/CallableStatement.html

Viel Gluck
Martin