Re: What makes a Postgres DBA? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mgainty@hotmail.com
Subject Re: What makes a Postgres DBA?
Date
List pgsql-general
The bigger danger is hiring an *Oracle* Financials or *Oracle* Manufacturing
person to become a DBA because they have 'Oracle'
on their resume
This is the most comprehensive analysis of DBA requirements I have seen thus
far
For myself I'm not tied to any specific Database having worked in mySQL and
Postgres this year but I do lean towards Oracle as I know it has the raw
horsepower to accomplish distributed transactions in their entire suite of
DB Product offerings (also I was an Oracle DBA in years past)
The questions on a DBA should add
1)what is a cluster
2)what is a borken chain?
3)when are Btree indexes used
4)Tell me how to performance optimise a multiple condition predicate using
the principles of boolean logic

Thanks Greg
Martin--