Re: Send Email from Postgressql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From brian stapel
Subject Re: Send Email from Postgressql
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks for your quick reply.

So, working from your example, I would build a trigger that calls a function that calls the email program?
I'm new to PostgreSQL and I'm a windows developer.  I've been using PLPGSQL for all of my functions.  The other languages you mentioned, are they easily learned?

> Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:03:57 +0100
> From: andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com
> To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
> Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Send Email from Postgressql
>
> am Thu, dem 01.02.2007, um 8:54:34 -0600 mailte brian stapel folgendes:
> > Thanks for your time.
> >
> > I need to notify a user that data has changed. To accomplish this I'd like to
> > create a trigger that watches the specified table, that on change, sends the
> > results returned by a function in the body of an email to a specific user.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> Yes.
>
> You can write such with a untrusted pl such as plperlu or plsh.
> I have a function in plsh, within there i call mutt (a command-line mail
> programm on linux) to send mail. The To: and other headers are
> parameters.
>

> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Kretschmer
> Kontakt: Heynitz: 035242/47150, D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)
> GnuPG-ID: 0x3FFF606C, privat 0x7F4584DA http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

Live Search: New search found Try it!