connection string - DNS - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Adam O'Toole
Subject connection string - DNS
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi there.
I am connecting to my Postgresql 7.4.7 sever with psql-odbc from my VB.NET
frontend. Right now I am using the Postgres server IP address in the odbc
connection string. My question, I want to use a DNS server, how will my
connection string change. Will I just specify the DNS address for the
�SERVER=� parameter in the connection string, or will I specify a new
parameter �DNS=�.  Here is my connection string right now:

OdbcConnection.ConnectionString =
"Protocol=6.4;Debug=0;Parse=0;SERVER=10.4.1.179;DRIVER=PostgreSQL;

ConnSettings=;MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;MaxVarcharSize=254;Socket=4096;TrueIsMinus1=0;DATABASE=mediaRegistry;Optimizer=1;UID=****;PWD=****;

Thank you!