Re: [despammed] Re: [GENERAL] - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Adam O'Toole
Subject Re: [despammed] Re: [GENERAL]
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks,
I got it working now. I was able to do it two ways. To do just a PG_dump of a database you can use PGAdmin to backup
theold one, and use PGAdmin again to restore it on the windows install. If you want to get the users and groups as
well,then use the PG_dumpall to get the dump file, and as you said, you can restore it on the windows instance using
thecommand prompt, the pg_restore.exe is found in the Bin directory of the postgreSQL 8 install
location.  >From:Kretschmer Andreas <andreas_kretschmer@despammed.com>>To:
pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>Subject:Re: [NOVICE] [despammed] Re: [GENERAL]>Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:12:51
+0200>>AdamO'Toole <adamnb1@hotmail.com> schrieb:>> > Thanks for the feedback Richard and
Andreas...>>> > Ok, I am missing one thing here? my
new instance is on a Windows server.> > How will I import the dump from my old 7.4.7 instance running on
Linux,>> into my new 8.0.1 instance running on Windows 2003? How would you go about> > feeding a Dump file
intoa Windows install of postgreSQL 8.0.1? I have been>>You can do on the windows-machine:>>pg_dump -h
<old_server>| psql>>I'm not familiar with windows (i hate it), but i think, this should be>possible.
Completethe calls to pg_dump & psql with the right>parameters.>If this fails, check if you are able to
connectto the remote PG-Server,>adapt there the pg_hba.conf - file, if is
necessary.>>http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html>>>Andreas>-->Diese
Messagewurde erstellt mit freundlicher
Unterstützung eines freilau->fenden Pinguins aus artgerechter Freilandhaltung.   Er ist garantiert
frei>vonMicro$oft'schen Viren. (#97922 http://counter.li.org)     GPG 7F4584DA>Was, Sie
wissennicht, wo Kaufbach ist? Hier: N 51.05082°, E 13.56889° ;-)>>---------------------------(end of
broadcast)--------------------------->TIP9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire
to>        choosean index scan if your joining column's datatypes do
not>        match