- Mailing list pgsql-general

From carter ck
Subject
Date
Re:  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Re:  ("Christian Rengstl" <Christian.Rengstl@klinik.uni-regensburg.de>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I was trying to create function in postgres, but it returns error mentioning the language is NOT defined.

The function is as following:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_word_count(TEXT, TEXT) RETURNS INTEGER AS $$
DECLARE
 d_word ALIAS FOR $1;
 d_phrase ALIAS FOR $2;
BEGIN
 IF d_word IS NULL OR d_phrase IS NULL THEN RETURN 0;

 RETURN 1;

END;

$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
HINT:  Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database.

I was wonderring why it is not included by default? Or have I missed out something in the configuration!

Also, how to do a better text search? I have come across the bad performance of LIKE statement.

All helps are appreciated.

Thanks.
Manage multiple email accounts with Windows Live Mail!
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all