Re: plpgsql functions to 'C' functions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Manchev
Subject Re: plpgsql functions to 'C' functions
Date
List pgsql-sql
I believe the functionality I need (hiding the function code from users)
will be provided with the implementation of the the following item from the
Postgresql todo list:

SERVER-SIDE LANGUAGES
-- Add Oracle-style packages

May be another future functionality will also help out, especially if the
permission system can hide all objects but the function signatures from
non-authorized:
-- Set proper permissions on non-system schemas during db creation

Until then, I have to figure out a way to implement it with the resources
available... like (hand) re-coding the plpgsql functions to 'C' functions :/
Here is where I'd like to get your expert opinions (thank you very much in
advance for all your efforts), so I can get started fast.

Thanks,
Peter