type cast/validation functions - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Robert Wimmer
Subject type cast/validation functions
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
as i posted a few weeks ago, it is a handicap for me writing client side
appliciations with postgres, that you cant catch errorcodes - especially
after type casts. so you have to rewrite type check functions for every
client system.

programers life would become a lot easier if one would be able to let the
db-system do this work.

to remove this drawback i wrote a c-module for parsing/casting input data
and integrated it into postgres.

if someone is interested in my solution there is a demo and a short
description available at

http://www.wiro.co.at/postgres/test/demo_en.php

please let me know, what you think about this solution.

regards sepp wimmer

Match.com - ein Ort, an dem der Liebe keine Grenzen gesetzt sind!
http://match.msn.at