access 2000 - cannot carry out action at present time, error 2486 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From w fm3
Subject access 2000 - cannot carry out action at present time, error 2486
Date
List pgsql-odbc
access 2000 connecting to postgresql db
ODBC driver 7.03.01
Postgresql 7.3.2

--

error message 2486 cannot carry out action at present time

Leaving an open form without activity / Connection idle for approx 2 hours
seems to result in this error

ODBC refresh adjusted from the default 1500 seconds to 60 seconds (Tools
->Options->Advanced) and this no longer seems to be a problem.

No idea on why this occurs though if anybody can shed any light it might be
useful

--
Boolean values work fine for me as long as you stay clear from null values
as an option.

If there is a  null value in a boolean field  I get the error: Write
Conflict - This record has been changed by another user since you started
editing it.

I think this has been documented elsewhere though.
--

I just thought i would post what worked for me incase anyone has a similar
problem.

Cheers