pg_dumpall behavior in 9.1beta1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject pg_dumpall behavior in 9.1beta1
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear List ,

We migrated to 9.1beta1 from 9.0.x in our development environment.
we shall report if any significant problems or issue arises out of this.

one small thing that we observed rite now regarding pg_dumpall output is that

the ALTER USER is referring to some db objects which are not created yet
and this raises an ERROR this may cause some inconvenience where restoration
is being carried out in a txn .

example of relevant sql lines is given below

CREATE ROLE pdns;
ALTER ROLE pdns WITH NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEROLE NOCREATEDB LOGIN
NOREPLICATION PASSWORD 'md56dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' ;
ALTER ROLE pdns SET search_path TO pdns;

in above line the 'pdns' namespace does not exists yet.

regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.