Re: Sharing data between databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Uckun
Subject Re: Sharing data between databases
Date
Re: Sharing data between databases  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general

> I sometimes think it'd be nice if Pg offered the ability to translate schema
> to "databases", so it runs with a single database and multiple schema, and
> you "connect" to a schema, MySQL style. It'd help people who want to use
> multiple databases on a machine and query between them, though of course
> it'd do nothing for people who want to do inter-machine or inter-instance
> queries.

That's an interesting idea. Since I am building this app from scratch
I suppose I could create different schemas for different applications
instead of using different databases. I wonder how rails and active
record can deal with that. I'll take a look and see.

I am presuming of course that one can query across schemas.