Re: New feature: selectivity - new attribute in function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edison So
Subject Re: New feature: selectivity - new attribute in function
Date
Re: New feature: selectivity - new attribute in function
Re: New feature: selectivity - new attribute in function
List pgsql-general
Thank you for the reply.

It has nothing to do with programming. I was trying to back up the 8.1 database (using pg_dump) which had exceeded 2Gig limit according to a response. When I tried to restore it using pg_restore to a 9.0 database, it complained about custom archiver error and corruption and the whole backup stopped.

One response told me to try backing up 8.1 database using 9.0 pg_dump and restore it to 9.0 database using 9.0 pg_restore. Another option, I can think of, is to back up each table one at time and restore it one by one. This way the 2G limit will never come up during the backup. However, it requires a lot of works.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,