Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I agree we shouldn't do anything about the name lookups for 9.1
> That is SearchCatCache using RELNAMENSP lookups, to be precise, as
> well as triggers and few other similar call types.

Name lookups give ERRORs that look like this...

relation "pgbench_accounts" does not exist

>> The ALTER TABLE patch
>> has greatly expanded the scope of the issue, and that *is* a regression
>> compared to prior releases.
>
> I agree the scope for RELOID errors increased with my 9.1 patch.

Which originally generated ERRORs like

cache lookup failed for relation 16390
or
could not open relation with OID 16390

which should now be absent from the server log.