Re: Reseting statistics, cluster wide - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: Reseting statistics, cluster wide
Date
List pgsql-admin
2011/4/22 Mario Splivalo <mario.splivalo@megafon.hr>:

>>> AFAIK, I dont think we can achieve this in PG 8.4 at cluster level. Can
>>> anybody has the information ?
>>> -- Raghu
>>
>> With 8.4 you only have the pg_stat_reset(), it resets all stats. The
>> finest one in 9.0 is a new feature/improvement.
>
> Yeps, but that is only for database-related statistics. Stuff returned from
> pg_stat_bgwriter view are not reset.

ah yes.
There exist a very brutal way to do it, which will remove all stats.
(you need the server to be down to do that)
move or rm the "global/pgstat.stat" file.

To come back to your original problem : I am surprised you have too
large value for munin, isn't there something to do on the munin side
instead ?