Re: Order-by and indexes - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From James David Smith
Subject Re: Order-by and indexes
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear Odd,

I am only a novice, but from what I understand from your email, you
want to write a query that selects the newest record from the table
for a certain set of data? To do this, I would use the MIN () function
on a column such as 'time_of_entry' or 'order_id' if the 'order_id' is
a sequence? Perhaps something like the below maybe...? Though my
construction of the query is probably incorrect - I'm only learning!

SELECT *
FROM "data"
WHERE
"data"."fk" = '238496'