Re: Extract (Recover) data from a cluster built on a different architecture (ARM). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dennis jenkins
Subject Re: Extract (Recover) data from a cluster built on a different architecture (ARM).
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Phil Couling <couling@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm looking for a way to extract the data from a PostgreSQL 8.3.14
> database (cluster) that was built using an an ARM/Linux server.  The
> Are there any tools for recovering data from a database built with a
> different architecture or is my data toast unless I can lay my hands
> on an ARM box?

You might possibly be able to do it with a different big-endian machine
such as PPC (it would also have to match on alignment rules and
floating-point format, but I think you'd probably squeak by on those).
Cedric's suggestion of an emulator is probably a surer answer though.

                       regards, tom lane

QEMU can emulate an ARM system. It won't be really fast, but it might work for you.  Disclaimer: I've never used QEMU to emulate an ARM system, but the docs say that you can.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page