Re: strange type name in information_schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan S
Subject Re: strange type name in information_schema
Date
List pgsql-general

Is there any examples of how to join the system tables to get the same information as I was trying to get from the function ?

Best Regards
Dan S

2011/5/21 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
2011/5/21 Dan S <strd911@gmail.com>:
> So is there always an underscore prepended to the type name of an array ?
> for example float[] would then be _float right ?

usually yes - this is older method for marking some type as array. Now
array types are described by typelem in pg_type table.

Pavel