Re: Unique Session ID in PGSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Unique Session ID in PGSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

2011/5/18 Durumdara <durumdara@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any function in PGSQL that returns an unique Session
> identifier of the actual session?
> For example a Bigint, or GUID, or etc?
> Can I get the living Session identifiers from PG?

try

postgres=# select pg_backend_pid();
 pg_backend_pid
----------------
          17327
(1 row)

postgres=# \x
Expanded display is on.
postgres=# select * from pg_stat_activity where procpid = pg_backend_pid();
-[ RECORD 1 ]----+-----------------------------------------------------------------
datid            | 12835
datname          | postgres
procpid          | 17327
usesysid         | 16384
usename          | pavel
application_name | psql
client_addr      |
client_hostname  |
client_port      | -1
backend_start    | 2011-05-18 14:46:08.099399+02
xact_start       | 2011-05-18 15:08:21.5958+02
query_start      | 2011-05-18 15:08:21.5958+02
waiting          | f
current_query    | select * from pg_stat_activity where procpid =
pg_backend_pid();

Regards

Pavel Stehule