Re: Psql Internal Variable question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Psql Internal Variable question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

\set removes outer quotes

if you use PostgreSQL 9.0 you can use

\set xxx 'Pavel ''Stěhule'

postgres=# \set
AUTOCOMMIT = 'on'
PROMPT1 = '%/%R%# '
PROMPT2 = '%/%R%# '
PROMPT3 = '>> '
VERBOSITY = 'default'
VERSION = 'PostgreSQL 9.1beta1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled
by gcc (GCC) 4.5.1 20100924 (Red Hat 4.5.1-4), 64-bit'
DBNAME = 'postgres'
USER = 'pavel'
PORT = '5432'
ENCODING = 'UTF8'