Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 May 2011 09:54, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> If you're doing this Win32 specific, take a look at
> src/backend/port/win32/signal.c for an example.
>
> If you're not doing this win32-specific, I doubt we really want
> threads to be involved...

Well, that seems to be the traditional wisdom. It seems sensible to me
that each process should look out for postmaster death itself though.
Tom described potential race conditions in looking at ps output...do
we really want to double the number of auxiliary processes in a single
release of Postgres?