Re: [v9.2] SECURITY LABEL on shared database object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kohei KaiGai
Subject Re: [v9.2] SECURITY LABEL on shared database object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2011/6/13 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>> The attached patch is an update revision of security label support
>> for shared database objects.
>
> I'm kind of unexcited about this whole idea.  Adding a shared catalog
> for a feature that's only of interest to a small percentage of our
> user population seems unfortunate.
>
> Are there any other possible approaches to this problem?

If unexcited about the new shared catalog, one possible idea
is to add a new field to pg_database, pg_tablespace and
pg_authid to store security labels?

The reason why we had pg_seclabel is to avoid massive amount
of modifications to system catalog. But only 3 catalogs to be
modified to support security label on shared object.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>