Re: Problem with error handling - Mailing list psycopg

From Daniele Varrazzo
Subject Re: Problem with error handling
Date
List psycopg
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Eric Snow <esnow@verio.net> wrote:

> [...]
> [20299] pq_raise: PQerrorMessage: err=server closed the connection
> unexpectedly
>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.
[...]

> I am guessing that this is an issue with our database more than with
> psycopg.

I think so: this seems a "regular" backend crash (I've seen it way too
often developing a C extension). Just asking in case the condition was
reproducible in the unit test, but I don't think it is (unless I write
a C extension to purposely segfault the session, which wouldn't be
that hard...)

Cheers,

-- Daniele