Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From pasman pasmański
Subject Re: Why we don't want hints Was: Slow count(*) again...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi. I have the idea: hints joined to function. For example instead of

WHERE table1.field1=table2.field2
write:
WHERE specificeq(table1.field1,table2.field2)

and hints add to declaration of specificeq function.