Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: reducing the overhead of frequent table locks - now, with WIP patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> It took me
> about 3 days to write the patch.  I've now spent the better part of a
> day on this scheduling discussion.  I would rather have spent that
> time improving the patch.  Or working on some other patch.  Or getting
> 9.1 out the door.

Sync Rep took 6 days to write initially and about 6 months to discuss
it, so you have a long way to go before your experience matches mine.

Sometimes people side track you onto things you think are pointless,
and sometimes you voice the opinion that they shouldn't have done so.