Re: time-delayed standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: time-delayed standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to reproduce something very like this in unpatched master,
> just by letting recovery pause at a named restore point, and then
> resuming it.

I was able to reproduce the same problem even in 9.0. When the standby
reaches the recovery target, it always tries to end the recovery even
though walreceiver is still running, which causes the problem. This seems
to be an oversight in streaming replication. I should have considered how
the standby should work when recovery_target is specified.

What about the attached patch? Which stops walreceiver instead of
emitting PANIC there only if we've reached the recovery target.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center