Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> > ... Maybe someone out there is under the impression
>> > that I get high off of rejecting patches; but the statistics you cite
>> > from the CF app don't exactly support the contention that I'm going
>> > around looking for reasons to reject things, or if I am, I'm doing a
>> > pretty terrible job finding them.
>>
>> Hm ... there are people out there who think *I* get high off rejecting
>> patches.  I have a t-shirt to prove it.  But I seem to be pretty
>> ineffective at it too, judging from these numbers.
>
> Late reply, but almost all the things Tom rejects I would have rejected
> too.

Well, I think I've been guilty more than once of leaning on Tom to try
to get him to accept patches that he might've been inclined to reject.I think that my standards for code quality are
similarto Tom's
(though sometimes I let through things he would have caught, woops)
but I think I am more inclined to commit feature changes that he might
not find entirely worthwhile.  Like Tom, I'm reasonably wary of random
knickknacks that are extremely special-purpose or will slow down
common cases, but on the average I think I'm slightly more
new-feature-positive than he is.  Not without some exceptions, of
course.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company