Re: stunnel with just postgresql client part - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: stunnel with just postgresql client part
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM, zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> .
> .
> .
>>>  It seems to be shame that I have to run stunnel on the pg box as well.
>>>
>>> My question is that client only stunnel to pg server requiring ssl
>>> connection is not expected to work?  Or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> what version stunnel? did you set the protocol in stunnel.conf?
>>

> stunnel-4.15-2.el5.1
>
> I was not setting protocol.  But since I got your message, I tried
> 'protocol = pgsql' in stunnel.conf

see: http://pgbouncer.projects.postgresql.org/doc/faq.html#_how_to_use_ssl_connections_with_pgbouncer

"Use Stunnel. Since version 4.27 it supports PostgreSQL protocol for
both client and server side. It is activated by setting
protocol=pgsql.

For older 4.2x versions the support code is available as patch:
stunnel-postgres.diff

Alternative is to use Stunnel on both sides of connection, then the
protocol support is not needed."

merlin