Question processor speed differences. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tory M Blue
Subject Question processor speed differences.
Date
List pgsql-performance
AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4174 HE  vs  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU    E5345  @ 2.33GHz

I'm wondering if there is a performance difference running postgres on
fedora  on AMD vs Intel (the 2 listed above).

I have an 8 way Intel Xeon box and a 12way AMD box and was thinking
about migrating to the new AMD box, from the 4 year old Intel box. But
I wasn't sure if there is some performance stats on AMD multi core
procs vs the Intels for DB applications?

Thanks

Tory