pg_dump and drop table if exists statement - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ibrahim Harrani
Subject pg_dump and drop table if exists statement
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 I would like to  dump some tables and all
functions,triggers on the database.
If I drop with pg_dump -c  parameter, it removes public schema as
well.  pg_dump -C parameter output has create table
but I can't restore this output directly(Because the tables are
already exist on the db)
There is no problem with functions. They have already this feature.

How can backup/restore tables with DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statement like
in MySQL?  without dropping all database and create again?

Thanks in advance.