Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: use less space in xl_xact_commit patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Leonardo Francalanci <m_lists@yahoo.it> wrote:
> this is a second version: now using
>
>  int            counts[1];      /* variable-length array of counts */
>
> in xl_xact_commit to keep track of number of
>
> different arrays at the end of the struct.
>
> Waiting for feedbacks...

I can't find a clear discussion of what you are trying to do, and how,
just a URL back to a complex discussion on another topic.

I can't see any analysis that shows whether this would be effective in
reducing space of WAL records and what the impacts might be.

The patch contains very close to zero comments.

Please explain what you are trying to do, and what the likely benefits
of doing it will be. Add comments to the patch to make that very
clear, e.g. "As of 9.2, the record format changed to reduce space..."