Re: installing postgresql jdbc driver in Mac OS X Lion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: installing postgresql jdbc driver in Mac OS X Lion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 28 June 2011 03:22, Shaun Langley <shaunlangley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install the jdbc driver on my Mac OS X Lion installation.  I'm running JRE 1.6.0_26.
>
> I've downloaded postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
>
> and run
>
> java -jar postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
>
> which returns
>
> Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
> postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
>
> Any help trying to resolve this issue would be appreciated!

The driver is not a standalone application that can be run with -jar.
You include it in the classpath of a larger application; so
"installation" is mostly just a case of putting the jar in the right
place.
See http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/classpath.html

Oliver