Re: Switching Database Engines - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: Switching Database Engines
Date
List pgsql-general
I was able to export the Wiki database into a single file using the
conversion tool mentioned previously.

root@ideweb1 postgres]# ./mediawiki_mysql2postgres.pl --db=wiki
--user=mediawiki --pass=**************
Writing file "mediawiki_upgrade.pg"

As you can see above that generated a new file in my current working
directory which is output of running the conversion tool:

[root@ideweb1 postgres]# ls -lh mediawiki_upgrade.pg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 112M Apr 27 09:24 mediawiki_upgrade.pg

So my question is now that I have the file above which I assume
contains the entire SQL database structure parameters and associated
data, how do I insert this into my existing PostgreSQL server? Do I
need to create a wiki database using template0 or template1? Or should
I just create a database as normal w/o templates and assign a wiki
role to that database?