Re: Core Extensions relocation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vinicius Abrahao
Subject Re: Core Extensions relocation
Date
Re: Core Extensions relocation
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Greg, hello All,<br /><br />This is my first post at Hackers, so sorry if I am been a noob here, but I am pretty
theold method by calling the pg_buffercache--1.0.sql directly.<br /> Then I discover the change that occurs recently to
pg_available_extensions;<br/>      name      | default_version | installed_version |             comment<br />
----------------+-----------------+-------------------+---------------------------------<br /> plpgsql        | 1.0
       | 1.0               | PL/pgSQL procedural language<br /> pg_buffercache | 1.0             |                   |
examinethe shared buffer cache<br />
"NO"</font></pre>Rightnow, talking with some fellows at #postgresql they tell that the error is NOT occurring for
at1:14 AM, Greg Smith <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:greg@2ndquadrant.com">greg@2ndquadrant.com</a>></span>
wrote:<br/><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);
padding-left:1ex;"> Following up on the idea we've been exploring for making some extensions more prominent, attached
isthe first rev that I think may be worth considering seriously.  Main improvement from the last is that I reorganized
thedocs to break out what I decided to tentatively name "Core Extensions" into their own chapter.  No longer mixed in
withthe rest of the contrib modules, and I introduce them a bit differently.   If you want to take a quick look at the
newpage, I copied it to <a href="http://www.2ndquadrant.us/docs/html/extensions.html"
worderingthere yet.  The use of both "modules" and "extensions" is probably worth eliminating, and maybe that continues
onto doing that against the language I swiped from the contrib intro too.  There's also a lot of shared text at the end
there,common wording from that and the contrib page about how to install and migrate these extensions.  Not sure how to
refactorit out into another section cleanly though.<br /><br /> Regression tests came up last time I posted this.
 Doesn'tlook like there are any for the modules I'm suggesting should be promoted.  Only code issue I noticed during
anotherself-review here is that I didn't rename contrib/pgrowlocks/pgrowlocks--unpackaged--1.0.sql cleanly, may need to
dothat one over again to get the commits as clean as possible.<br /><br /> Updated code is at <a
href="https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/postgres/tree/move-contrib"
target="_blank">https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/postgres/tree/move-contrib</a>too, and since this is painful as a
patchthe compare view at <a href="https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/postgres/compare/master...move-contrib"
target="_blank">https://github.com/greg2ndQuadrant/postgres/compare/master...move-contrib</a>will be easier for