dblink() from GridSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Nelson
Subject dblink() from GridSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi List,

We have a customer who is trying to migrate a few PostgresPlus instances to GridSQL clusters.  They have a process that pulls data from another server using dblink every night, and we're trying to replicate that on the GridSQL instance, but grid is being a bit of a pain.

Grid doesn't seem to allow functions in from statements, and, of course, it spits out errors about functions returning records being called in the wrong context if we just try "select dblink(foo, bar);" (we had to try it).

Has anyone else run into this specific issue?  Is there a known workaround?  Any ideas on what else we should try?
---
Samuel Nelson
Consistent State
www.consistentstate.com