Re: BUG #6041: Unlogged table was created bad in slave node - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #6041: Unlogged table was created bad in slave node
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Patch along these lines attached.
>>
>> Frankly, I find this quite ugly, and much prefer the general approach of
>> your previous patch in <BANLkTim433vF5HWjbJ0FSWm_-xA8DDaGNg@mail.gmail.com>.
>>
>> However, I don't like where you put the execution-time test there.  I'd
>> put it in ExecOpenScanRelation instead, so that it covers both seqscan
>> and indexscan accesses.
>
> Ah, OK.  I was wondering if there was a better place.  I'll do it that
> way, then.

I found a few other holes in my previous patch as well.  I think this
plugs them all, but it's hard to be sure there aren't any other calls
to RelationGetNumberOfBlocks() that could bomb out.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment