Re: "errno" not set in case of "libm" functions (HPUX) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ibrar Ahmed
Subject Re: "errno" not set in case of "libm" functions (HPUX)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On tor, 2011-05-26 at 12:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I tried this on my HP-UX 10.20 box, and it didn't work very nicely:
>> configure decided that the compiler accepted +Olibmerrno, so I got a
>> compile full of
>>      cc: warning 450: Unrecognized option +Olibmerrno.
>> warnings.  The reason is that PGAC_PROG_CC_CFLAGS_OPT does not pay any
>> attention to whether the proposed flag generates a warning.  That seems
>> like a bug --- is there any situation where we'd want to accept a flag
>> that does generate a warning?  I'm thinking that macro should set
>> ac_c_werror_flag=yes, the same way PGAC_C_INLINE does.

> I think so.

OK, committed with that addition.

Thanks,

 Is it worth to backport this?

> We could also do that globally, but that would probably be something for
> the next release.

Hmm.  I'm a bit scared of how much might break.  I don't think the
autoconf tests are generally designed to guarantee no warnings.

   Ibrar Ahmed